Sunday, April 28, 2013

Mosaic Monday: Early Spring







I took these photos a few weeks ago, at the Leonard J. Buck Gardens in Far Hills, NJ.  The gardens are about two or three miles from my house, and I love going there especially in the spring to see all the woodland beauties.  I think my favorites this spring are the tiny fiddlehead ferns unfolding -- so soft and delicate!  The yellow marsh marigolds have to be a close second.  I love the way they carpet the marshy garden in spring.  Finally, I have always loved the bright green new leaves of the skunk cabbage -- not a pretty name, but a beautiful plant.  Do you see the star magnolia?  It smelled divine!  :)

Here are the instructions to join today's post:
1. Publish your Mosaic Monday post. The post may be about any subject you wish. The only stipulation is that it include a collage, or mosaic of photos.
2. Once it is published, click on the title of the post. This will lead you to the static link for your post. The static link is the page with only that post on it. Copy the url from your browser at the top of the page.
3. Paste the url into the appropriate inlinkz box in this post.
4. Type your name in the appropriate inlinkz box in this post.
5. Click on "Enter."
6. Please link back to this Mosaic Monday post so that your readers can find other wonderful mosaics.


That's all there is to it! It's always a good idea to then check and see if your link is working. If you have any questions, feel free to email me: mrcarroll(at)optonline.net

And a quick reminder: if you would like to join Mosaic Monday but don't know quite where to start, there is a tutorial on mosaic-making on my sidebar. Just scroll down, and click on the small blue mosaic.

34 comments:

  1. I thought those were marsh marigolds! How exciting to see so many in bloom at once. I have a couple of pots of them that overwinter in our pond and they can be seen from a long distance.
    So nice to see green grass, and the fiddleheads sure look sweet.
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful shots of Spring ~ white tree is magnificent and love the fiddleheads ~ ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous photos of the forest garden. Your fiddleheads are up! I must go see if they are up in the woods down the street. Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful photos of the woodland in spring. I enjoyed looking over each one. Thanks for hosting. Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such beautiful vibrant greens! Gorgeous spring shots!

    ReplyDelete
  6. THIS is Spring Mary - bursting with golden yellow - pure JOY!!!
    A beautiful woodland garden Mary - Oh that M. Stellata, I'm imagining the fragrance as you passed by!
    Shane ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mary, beautiful images of green and yellow. The ferns are pretty, I have seen some of these ferns in the woods next to my house. Lovely photos, thanks for hosting. Have a happy week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely treat so see the garden through your eyes. Thank you for hosting Mary. Have a great week.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Mary, thank you for hosting, I enjoy joining in. Great garden photos. Thanks.
    Rob

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your images are beautiful Thanks for hosting and having me at your party. It is a first visit for me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Mary, what a beautiful area! Thanks for sharing the beauty of spring in your neck of the woods.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the first flowers of spring. We get them here beginning in February with daffodils. I love your photos, just gorgeous! Yellows are my favorite. Thanks for hosting.

    ~Emily
    The French Hutch

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, that Star Magnolia is beautiful! I love seeing Fiddlehead Ferns ... They are so delicate and true harbingers of Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning photography Mary! Thank you for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Mary what a beautiful place and so close. Have a wonderful week:) Jen

    ReplyDelete
  16. What beautiful photos! We have magnolias blooming here in Florida...they sure smell nice! Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Mary - you are so lucky to have that resource so close to enjoy. We are enjoying lots of April showers, so I'm hoping in May we'll actually see some flowers from the ground! Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  18. The Star Magnolia behind the house is in full bloom. I can't get enough of it, and find myself peeking at it from upstairs and downstairs windows. So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful spring impressions in yellow and green. So harmonic. Have a nice new week, Mary. Best regards, Synnöve

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderful Mosaic...love that you included the fiddleheads...our yard is loaded with them and soon to be Jack in the Pulpits! See you soon!...:)JP

    ReplyDelete
  21. I didn't have anything ready for today but came over this morning to see your pretty pictures anyway...just lovely! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. TO see the new growth of spring is just heavenly...thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I always look forward to seeing your Mosaic Monday page! Inspires me to get my camera out and get busy mosaiccing! ( is that word?)

    ReplyDelete
  24. What beautiful spring captures! This would be a lovely place for a picnic. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a lovely garden tours. We went to buy bedding plants this weekend and I took some pictures while we were shopping. Thank you for hosting.
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  26. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Mary,

    It's my first time here! Love the idea! Your images of the gardens are breathtaking! How I'd love to take a walk through that woodland in your first photo! I sometimes miss the cooler, North American Spring, (I'm from Toronto, been living on the island of Crete for the past 25 years). Also, spring lasts longer in Canada - we're in the mid 80s already!

    Thanks for hosting and have a great week!

    Your newest follower,

    Poppy :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Your garden images are so lovely. Isn't it wonderful that spring has finally arrived in your area? Woodlands in spring smell so fresh!

    Thanks again for hosting Mosaic Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Spring! Is there anything as lovely? Your photos do her justice :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment. I love to hear what you have to say!